The Rhode Island Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › Sushi meetup: NAMI (Providence), Thu, Apr 11, 7:00pm

Sushi meetup: NAMI (Providence), Thu, Apr 11, 7:00pm

Zigamorph
zigamorph
Group Organizer
Providence, RI
Nami is a brand new sushi restaurant opened about six weeks ago on Federal Hill in Providence, and that will be this month's venue. I apologize for the very late notice, but I had trouble getting a reservation confirmation from another venue and decided to advance this one.

I would ordinarily be reluctant to hold any event on Federal Hill, especially at the corner of Atwells Avenue and Dean Street, but Nami offers FREE VALET PARKING! If you are uncomfortable with trusting your vehicle to a valet, then you can likely find your own parking space on Federal Street a block away.

I strongly encourage using my hand-written directions below; note the WARNING.

For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/sushi-ri/events/112635862/­

When: Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:00 PM

Where: Nami Sushi and Hibachi
198 Atwells Ave (corner Dean St)
Providence, RI 02903

Directions:

WARNING: These are very counter-intuitive directions if you were looking at a map because they are designed to orient you so that you approach the restaurant on your own right, facilitating your ability to take advantage of the restaurant's FREE VALET PARKING. It is not trivial to do this on Federal Hill.

From the north: Take I-95 southbound to Exit 21, then at the _2nd_ light turn _right_onto Broadway. Continue with directions from Broadway westbound.

From the south: Take I-95 northbound to Exit 21, then at the _1st_ light turn _left_ onto Broadway. Continue with directions from Broadway westbound.

From Broadway westbound: Go about one quarter-mile and turn right onto De Pasquale Ave, then go another quarter-mile and turn right onto Atwells Ave. In a few hundred feet, the restaurant will be on your right at the corner of (tiny) Weeden St which is one block before the major intersection with a traffic light at Dean St. Pull to the curb for free valet parking.

RIPTA: The 92 route (Green Trolley) goes directly past the restaurant, which in any case is walking distance from Kennedy Plaza.

This Meetup repeats on the 2nd Thursday of every month.

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.