San Diego Sustainable Development Meetup Group Message Board › Upcoming Water Harvesting Events

Upcoming Water Harvesting Events

Brook
brookleigh77
San Diego, CA
Post #: 23
Hello Water Lovers!

The City has made water-use restrictions permanent. For more information check out:
http://www.sandiego.g...­

So now is the time to learn more about creating your own water source: collect rain! Here are three upcoming events you may be interested in:

1. Make your own Rain Barrel Workshop at City College - Saturday, December 4, 9-12am
2. Rainwater Tank Installation workshop at Wild Willows Farm - Saturday, December 4, 2-5
3. Water Harvesting Tour and Short Film Screening - Saturday, December 18th, 10-11:30am, 2 -3:30pm

See below for more details or check out www.h2o-me.com

Make Your Own Rain Barrel Workshop

Saturday, December 4, 2010
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
at Seeds Farm, City College

Come and make your own rain barrel to take home! Brook Sarson, of H2OME
(www.h2o-me.com) will host this class.

There will be a water harvesting presentation covering topics such as filtration, mosquitoes, how to figure out your water resources, uses for your rainwater, as well as other rainwater harvesting techniques.

You will be provided clean, recycled 55 gallon drums along with a kit of parts to tap it for a hose fitting on the bottom and an overflow on the top. You will be able to drill your holes and assemble your barrel onsite.

After the class, you can purchase additional barrels and kits. There will also be a limited number of 205 gallon Bushman Rainwater Harvesting tanks for sale.

The cost of the class is $65, with $5 going to the farm at City College. If you would like to participate in the workshop but do not want to take home your own barrel, the cost is $25. Additional Barrels are $40. Cash or check are accepted.

This will be a great opportunity to connect with community members and learn more about using our water resources.

RSVP to Brook Sarson at brook@h2o-me.com by Tuesday, November 30 to ensure there will be a barrel available for you.

Rainwater Tank Installation Workshop at Wild Willows Farm
Cost $20-$25
When: December 4, 2:00pm-5:00pm
For more information go check out:
http://www.sandiegoro...­

Water Harvesting Tour and Short Film Screening
Saturday, December 18th 10:00AM-11:30AM and 2:00PM-3:30PM

Come see water harvesting in action! Guided by Water Harvesting Professional and Permaculturist, Brook Sarson, you'll see how a 1320 gallon rainwater tank combined with laundry greywater and bath greywater work together to grow a garden of edibles using only 1/4 of the water that most San Diegans use each day.

We will start with a 20 minute short film, produced by the Surfrider Foundation, called The Cycle of Insanity: The Real Story of Water. It's excellent and very kid friendly. Space is limited, so RSVP soon.

After the film, about 10:30 and 2:30, we will take a 45-60 minute tour where you will learn about simple greywater systems, do-it-yourself options, rainwater-harvesting systems and resources. You can schedule an appointment with Brook to assess greywater opportunities at your site. Suggested donation of $5/person will go toward supporting water activism in San Diego. Please RSVP to Brook at brook@h2o-me.com or call 619.964.4838 and I will give you the address. Kids welcome!