Hi, I'm the creator of the Strange Loop and Clojure/West conferences.
I wanted to let you know that the Clojure/West conference
(http://clojurewes...) is coming up soon - Mar 16-17th at the San
Jose Marriott. The early bird registration ($375) ends *this Friday*
- Register here: http://regonline....
We'll have the following keynotes at Clojure/West:
- Rich Hickey - the creator of Clojure
- Stuart Halloway - author of Programming Clojure
- Bradford Cross - founder at Flightcaster and Prismatic
- Richard Gabriel - one of those Lisp guys ;)
And a whole bunch of talks (http://clojurewes...) exploring
the basics of Clojure (data-oriented programming, laziness, macros),
the users of Clojure (companies like Groupon, Runa, Revelytix, and
lots more), as well as some more fun topics like making music with
Don't know Clojure yet? We have a great 3 day training class before
the conference taught by Stuart Sierra and Alan Dipert (members of
Clojure/core). You can learn more here:
http://clojurewes.... If you register by
Jan 27th, you'll save $200.
In addition, we have other training classes in:
- Cascalog (3 days) - the Clojure-based query language for Hadoop,
taught by Sam Ritchie, Twitter developer, Cascalog committer, and
co-author of the forthcoming Big Data on Manning.
- Clojure Web (2 days) - how to build Clojure web apps, access data
sources and more by Chris Granger, creator of the Noir, Pinot, and
Korma libraries. http://clojurewes...
- Pallet (2 days) - how to use Clojure and Pallet to automate
infrastructure deployment. http://clojurewes...
Hope you can make it!