Silicon Valley Java User Group Message Board Discussion Forum › Suggest a topic or speaker

Suggest a topic or speaker

Kevin N.
user 7221198
Group Organizer
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 1
Please post here if you have a topic or speaker you would like to see at the JUG.

Also if you are interested in speaking please let us know.

Kevin Nilson
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Kevin, We would be interested in presenting at a meetup soon. We just launched a beta of RPM for Java which is a SaaS application performance tool for Java apps. Let me know if you would like a 10-15 minute presentation. Thanks
Mike Malloy
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Kevin - I work for Coverity - in case you haven't heard of us, we provide Java developers with an automated way to find and fix quality and security defects in their source code at compile time. I have a technical contact here I'd like to put you in touch with to speak at one of your upcoming events, if interested. There's several topics he could speak to relative to Java that might be appealing to this audience. Here's a few topics that may be of interest that we could speak to:

- Beyond Code Coverage: Understanding the Ripple Effect of Change
- Bug Hunting in Jenkins: Utilizing Sophisticated Static Analysis Techniques
- Scan: Address Critical Defects In Open Source Projects
- Top 10 Defects in Java Projects and How to Avoid Them

Can you let me know if any of these topics sound interesting? I can also send you a more detailed abstract around these topics if you like. Let me know when you can.

Thank You,
Casey Crowder-Biama