This is a special hiking / Pitching event! Hike with like minds!
Pitch at the highest peak in Bay Area, show silicon Valley your
passion and energy!
If you are a full time founder and be the winner at this special event, you get:
- 1 Pitch at Pitch Demo Day
- 2 A blog post for your startup
- 3 Private introductions to two investors or mentors
Note: we are still working on ways to select the winner.
Trail map: http://www.everytrail.com/guide/ohlone-college-to-mission-peak
Duration: 4 hours (including 45m pitching session at the peak)
Agenda (please arrive before 8AM):
8AM Introduction at the Assembling area: parking lot M
8:15AM Hiking Start
10AM Arriving the peak
10:45AM going Back
12:30PM Back to parking lot
- Water – plenty of water (2 litres or more on a hot day)
- Snacks for energy
- Layers of clothing – including WARM clothing and windbreaker. It can be cold and windy at the top – very cold and very windy.
- A cap or wide brimmed hat, knit hat and light gloves – yes, even in the summer.
- Insect repellent is usually not necessary, but might be a good idea as there are ticks.
- GOOD hiking boots or shoes with thick, comfortable hiking socks (take a second pair of socks, too)
- A hand towel to wipe sweat or muck
- (Optional) A camera and a tripod. If you’re not taking a tripod you’re not going to get the best pictures, trust me.
- (Optional) Hiking poles
Hiking at your own risk! you are responsibility for your safety.
Be well prepared
This hiking is not for people who rarely exercise. Its between easy to medium. Making sure the difficulty level of the event IS NOT beyond the limits of your health & conditioning.
We understand that your "Yes" RSVP to this event means you accept this.
Release of Liability:
In consideration for being allowed to participate in this Activity, on behalf of yourself and your next of kin, heirs and representatives, you release from all liability and promise not to sue it's owners, principals, affiliates, organizer, hosts and participants from any and all claims, resulting in any physical or psychological injury (including paralysis and death), illness, damages, or economic or emotional loss you may suffer because of your participation in this Activity, including travel to, from and during the Activity. You are voluntarily participating in this Activity. You are aware of the risks associated with traveling to/from and participating in this Activity, which include but are not limited to physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability (including paralysis), economic or emotional loss, and/or death.
You understand that these injuries or outcomes may arise from you own or other’s actions, inaction, or negligence; conditions related to travel; or the condition of the Activity location(s). Nonetheless, you assume all related risks, both known or unknown to you, of your participation in this Activity, including travel to, from and during the Activity. You agree to hold the organizers harmless from any and all claims, including attorney’s fees or damage to your personal property, that may occur as a result of you participation in this Activity, including travel to, from and during the Activity.