Aug 3, 2013 · 9:15 AM
This location is shown only to members
Startup Bootcamp: Training for entrepreneurs. We welcome Android, iOS, WP, Facebook, Chrome, Cloud startup founders /hackers.
9:35 Sessions (To be confirmed)
>>> Instructors <<<
- Jensen James, Partner at Perkins Coie LLP
- Lior Zorea, Corporate and securities Partner with Perkins Coie
- David Cao, Serial Entrepreneur, Founder of SVEntrepreneurs & Startups, Founder & CEO at GWC, Earlier Stage Mobile Angel Investor
- Michael Aday, Seasoned Technology Leader and Evangelist
>>> Content <<<
- Angel round investment introduction
- Angel Networks in Bay Area
- Legal structure for angel round investment
- Angel Investment Termsheet Negotiation
- IP Valuation in Angel Round
>>> Speaker Bio <<<
- Jim Jensen, a partner in Perkins Coie's Emerging Companies Group and a leader of the Firm's China Emerging Company and the Investment Fund Formation practices in Silicon Valley, represents emerging companies, accelerator/incubators and venture capital funds in diverse industries, including clean technology (e.g., biofuels, LEDs, smart meters and solar), digital media, Internet, medical devices, mobile, security and software. He is a technology entrepreneur and has formed and run multiple e-commerce and other Internet companies, which gives him a unique understanding of legal issues as viewed through the eyes of entrepreneurs. He also represents traditional brick and mortar businesses that produce profits and cash flow, anathemas to Silicon Valley startup companies. Jim has been involved in more than 250 investment and exit transactions during his legal career and, as importantly, a handful of exit or restructuring transactions as a business executive. His transactional experiences range from a few hundred thousand dollars to several billion dollars. Prior to joining Perkins Coie, Jim managed hundreds of investment transactions as General Counsel, Emerging Markets, with VantagePoint Capital Partners, a large venture capital and private equity firm. He benefits his client through his broad network of contacts in the angel investment and venture capital community.
- Lior Zorea is a corporate and securities Partner with Perkins Coie and a key member of the firm's Emerging Companies practice group. Lior's practice focuses on representing emerging growth companies in their formation, funding, and exit (whether through a sale or public offering). He has led clients in hundreds. Lior also has extensive mergers and acquisitions experience having worked on over 100 such transactions with deal values of up to $2.5 billion and spanning a variety of transaction structures commonly used in the technology space, including public/private acquisitions, private/private acquisitions, and public/public mergers. His mergers and acquisitions practice is currently focused on the sale of private technology companies (ranging from "boot-strapped" to venture-backed) and public company acquisitions. With a background in finance, economics and math, Liorbrings a uniquely quantitative and practical approach to the practice of law, particularly in the transactional context. Lior's clients include emerging growth startups, later stage private companies and public companies in the information technology space, including the internet, software, digital media, gaming, semiconductor, and fixed and mobile communications technology.
- David Cao is the Founder of Silicon Valley Entrepreneurs and Startups, one of the largest offline technology communities in Silicon Valley. David has organized hundreds of Demo and Boot Camp events for entrepreneurs. He is the producer of the Global Mobile Internet Conference and recently organized Silicon Valley Startup Weekend in June of 2013. David is also the Founder and CEO of GWC - US, a company that provides professional services for mobile industry leaders around the world.
Last, but not least David is an early stage mobile investor. Prior to moving to the US, David was a computer science professor at Xidian University in China.
- Michael Aday loves a challenge. He is an inventive and accomplished leader with over 20 years of experience in multiple disciplines ranging from security to intellectual property. Being at Microsoft, Quad/Graphics, Beyondsoft and advising a slew of startups has given him a broad view of Internet technologies, mobile platforms, and how to build and position compelling solutions. When he is not helping with various startups as a CTO, he independently consults on intellectual property rights strategies at Notorious Ventures (www.notoriousventures.com).
Welcome invests to speak at Startup Boot Camp.
This event is co-organized with Startup Venture Network Join here