This is the grand kick-off of the new Silicon Valley JavaFX Users Group. We are co-hosting it with the Silicon Valley Web JUG, and are honored to have Richard Bair - JavaOne 2009 RockStar, Devoxx speaker, and JavaFX team lead. Be sure to sign up early to save a spot! You only need to respond to this meetup request if you are attending in person. For those of you attending remotely, we will have a live video feed and the opportunity to participate remotely by asking questions. Agenda
About the speaker
- 6:00-6:45pm Arrive & mingle -- Food & drinks provided by Google
- 6:45-7:00pm Group introduction & announcements
- 7:00-8:30pm Main Talk followed by Q&A
- 8:30-9:00pm Raffle and additional networking time
Richard is a longtime speaker and member of the Swing Team at Sun Microsystems. He has his roots as an application developer turned toolkit developer and is the lead of the component toolkit API for JavaFX. He is a frequent presenter and often teams up with other UI luminaries to produce demos for JavaOne and other conferences. As an application developer he had a specific penchant for databases and multi-tier design. This event is brought to you with support from the following sponsors:
- Parleys.com provides free streaming of our videos.
- JFrog supports our meetup membership and gives free prizes.