Please see here for a photo and directions: http://www.oracle.com... This presentation is a hands-on introduction to JavaFX, focusing primarily on using the JavaFX Script language to drive interactive graphics using the JavaFX scene graph. I'll start with a "Hello, world" program and build it up piece by piece until we have a complete application. At each step of the way, we'll see the code in NetBeans and run it so you can see the results immediately. I'll be covering the following features of the JavaFX platform: language and scene graph basics, sequences, functions, layout, UI controls, classes, calling Java, bind, bound functions, animation, and effects. NEW LOCATION: This meetup will be held at Oracle headquarters in Redwood Shores. Watching the Live Stream Online
About the Presenter:
- To be eligible for prizes (see below), please register for this meetup.
- For the live video feed, please go to the SvJugFx page on my blog: http://steveonjava.co...
- Stuart has posted an HTML version of his presentation here.
Stuart Marks is a senior engineer on the JavaFX UI Controls team at Oracle (formerly Sun). He is veteran speaker at JavaOne and Oracle OpenWorld, and he has worked on JavaFX, Java, and JavaME for over ten years. Agenda
Prizes and Sponsorship
- 6:00-6:45pm Arrive & mingle -- Food & drinks provided by Oracle
- 6:45-7:00pm Group introduction & announcements
- 7:00-8:30pm Main Talk followed by Q&A
- 8:30-9:00pm Raffle and additional networking time
We also have some great prizes to give away, including:
- An Oracle SPOT ($750 value)
- An IntelliJ Ultimate Edition license ($249 value)
- Technical books including Pro JavaFX Platform
- Premium swag for everyone who walks in the door!
: We also will have a raffle of electronic book coupons for online attendees, so please register if you plan on watching the stream! This event is brought to you with support from the following sponsors:
- Oracle supports our meetup by providing a venue and prizes.
- JFrog Artifactory supports our meetup membership and gives prizes.
- Parleys.com provides free streaming of our videos.
- Jetbrains gives out free IntelliJ licenses at our meetings.
- Apress gives free books as prizes.
- O'Reilly gives free books as prizes.
If you are interested in having your company appear here, please let me know