Please see here for a photo and directions: http://www.oracle.com... JavaFX has a new API face. All the JavaFX 2.0 APIs will be exposed via Java classes that will make it much easier to integrate Java server and client code. This also opens up some huge possibilities for JVM language integration. This session will take you through a whirlwind tour of four different JVM languages (Ruby, Clojure, Groovy, and Scala) showing what JavaFX 2.0 code may look like when ported to these different languages. In addition, details of Visage, the JavaFX Script successor, will be unveiled. Watching the Live Stream Online
About the Presenter (Stephen Chin):
- To be eligible for prizes (see below), please register for this meetup.
- For the live video feed, please go to the SvJugFx page on my blog: http://steveonjava.co...
On the off chance you don't already know me, then feel free to checkout the About page
on my blog. Agenda
Prizes and Sponsorship
- 6:00-6:45pm Arrive & mingle -- Food & drinks provided by Oracle
- 6:45-7:00pm Group introduction & announcements
- 7:00-8:30pm Main Talk followed by Q&A
- 8:30-9:00pm Raffle and additional networking time
We also have some great prizes to give away, including:
- An Oracle SPOT ($750 value)
- An IntelliJ Ultimate Edition license ($249 value)
- Assorted technical books
- Premium swag for everyone who walks in the door!
This event is brought to you with support from the following sponsors:
- Oracle supports our meetup by providing a venue and prizes.
- JFrog Artifactory supports our meetup membership and gives prizes.
- Ubivent provides our JavaFX streaming event platform..
- JavaPassion.com gives discounts for JUG members.
- Parleys.com provides free streaming of our videos.
- Jetbrains gives out free IntelliJ licenses at our meetings.
- Apress gives free books as prizes.
- O'Reilly gives free books as prizes.
If you are interested in having your company appear here, please let me know