We are now confirmed for Wednesday 1/16 at the Oracle HQ Conference Center as usual.
This will be a Hands on Lab session in programming the Rasberry Pi with JavaFX
The Rasberry Pi is a $25, credit-card sized computer that that plugs in to a TV and keyboard. It includes an ARM chip that is powerful enough to run a full version of Java SE including JavaFX. In this lab you will get a chance to test out Java and JavaFX technology running on a very accessible embedded platform. With a full Java Virtual Machine at your disposal, the possibilities are endless!
Please bring a laptop and if possible bring your own Raspberry as Angela only has a limited number.
Please pre-install a VNC client on your machine (TightVNC for Windows, Chicken VNC for Mac are both free):
Stephen and Simon Ritter and Angela Caicedo ran a lab session at DevOxx back in November and it looked like a lot of fun so we are bringing it here to our lucky group and you don't even have to fly to Europe to participate.
The session will be led by:
Java Technology Ambassador
Please see here for a photo and directions: http://www.oracle.com...
Watching the Live Stream Online
This is a hands on lab session, so I'm not sure how much you will get out of the stream, but we'll give it a shot anyway. Just be sure you have your own Raspberry Pi so you can play along at home.
- 6:00-6:45pm Arrive & mingle -- Food & drinks provided by Oracle
- 6:45-7:00pm Group introduction & announcements
- 7:00-8:45pm Main Talk/Lab
- 8:45-9:00pm Project Review/Prizes
Prizes and Sponsorship
We also have some great prizes to give away, including:
- An IntelliJ Ultimate Edition license ($249 value)
- Technical books including Pro JavaFX Platform
- Premium swag for everyone who walks in the door!
This event is brought to you with support from the following sponsors:
- Oracle supports our meetup by providing a venue and prizes.
- Linode provides open source hosting.
- JFrog Artifactory supports our meetup membership and gives prizes.
- Ubivent provides our JavaFX streaming event platform..
- JavaPassion.com gives discounts for JUG members.
- Parleys.com provides free streaming of our videos.
- Jetbrains gives out free IntelliJ licenses at our meetings.
- Apress gives free books as prizes.
- O'Reilly gives free books as prizes.
If you are interested in having your company appear here, please let me know!