|Sent on:||Friday, March 12, 2010 10:02 PM|
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."? Aristotle
Announcing a new Meetup for Silicon Valley JavaFX Users Group!
What: Hands on JavaFX - Scripting the Scene Graph
When: Wednesday, April 14,[masked]:00 PM
500 Oracle Pkwy
Redwood City, CA 94065
This presentation is a hands-on introduction to JavaFX, focusing primarily on using the JavaFX Script language to drive interactive graphics using the JavaFX scene graph. I'll start with a "Hello, world" program and build it up piece by piece until we have a complete application. At each step of the way, we'll see the code in NetBeans and run it so you can see the results immediately. I'll be covering the following features of the JavaFX platform: language and scene graph basics, sequences, functions, layout, UI controls, classes, calling Java, bind, bound functions, animation, and effects.
NEW LOCATION: This meetup will be held at Oracle headquarters in Redwood Shores.
Watching the Live Stream Online
- To be eligible for prizes (see below), please register for this meetup.
- For the live video feed, please go to the SvJugFx page on my blog: http://steveonjava.com/svjugfx/
About the Presenter:
Stuart Marks is a senior engineer on the JavaFX UI Controls team at Oracle (formerly Sun). He is veteran speaker at JavaOne and Oracle OpenWorld, and he has worked on JavaFX, Java, and JavaME for over ten years.
- 6:00-6:45pm Arrive & mingle -- Food & drinks provided by Oracle
- 6:45-7:00pm Group introduction & announcements
- 7:00-8:30pm Main Talk followed by Q&A
- 8:30-9:00pm Raffle and additional networking time
Prizes and Sponsorship
We also have some great prizes to give away, including:
- An Oracle SPOT ($750 value)
- An IntelliJ Ultimate Edition license ($249 value)
- Technical books including Pro JavaFX Platform
- Premium swag for everyone who walks in the door!
NEW: We also will have a raffle of electronic book coupons for online attendees, so please register if you plan on watching the stream!
This event is brought to you with support from the following sponsors:
- Oracle supports our meetup by providing a venue and prizes.
- JFrog Artifactory supports our meetup membership and gives prizes.
- Parleys.com provides free streaming of our videos.
- Jetbrains gives out free IntelliJ licenses at our meetings.
- Apress gives free books as prizes.
- O'Reilly gives free books as prizes.
If you are interested in having your company appear here, please let me know!
Learn more here:
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Stephen Chin ([address removed]) from Silicon Valley JavaFX Users Group.
To learn more about Stephen Chin, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]