Silicon Valley MySQL Group Message Board › MySQL DBAs: 55 Million Hits/Month company full of Open Source fan-addicts.

MySQL DBAs: 55 Million Hits/Month company full of Open Source fan-addicts. Join us?

Keith P.
kpunches
Los Gatos, CA
Post #: 13
Hi all,

Having visited Burlington, VT for a week recently I can tell you that it's amazing and I'm in talks with my wife to move there (from California).

Burlington is what we call a "lifestyle play" in Recruiting. If you want a good way of life then please read on..

TITLE: MySQL DBA

DURATION: Permanent

RELOCATION: Yep. All realistic relo costs covered.

BENIES: Awesome

POTENTIAL: Lifestyle, technology, culture... all trending upward from the moment you're hired.

DESCRIPTION:

Dealer.com is the worlds leading CRM and SCM Solution Provider for the Automotive industry. Chances are you're driving a vehicle that has been built, sourced or sold with the help of one of our many cutting edge on-line apps.

We are seeking an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) to join our Systems Engineering team supporting all of our database technologies (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, SolR, ElasticSearch).

We are looking for an individual with MySQL expertise, who has a proven track record designing, building, scaling, tuning, and maintaining databases found in a large web hosting environment.

If you are a creative learner who is security-minded and loves a challenge we should talk :)

You'll work in a fun, productive and family oriented environment with some of the best Engineers in the industry and gain experience with the latest and greatest open source technologies.

In this role you will:
Create standards for database implementations
Work with engineering to ensure that queries are performing optimally
Evaluate project requirements, and derive standards based solutions
Define KPIs and thresholds to trend and anticipate scaling needs
Mentor junior staff

Requirements:
3-5 years Database Administration
MySQL experience mandatory
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
3 + years of relevant IT experience
Fluent in SQL, able to understand complex queries

Experience with the following technologies:
You MUST:

be a good communicator - spoken and written - great documentation is critical
be able to manage complex projects from start to finish
be security-minded
be detail oriented
work well in a team environment
be accountable

If you're interested I can be reached at keith.punches@dealer.com.

All the best,

~Keith