addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

New York Swahili & East African Culture Message Board Swahili Resources › Resources for Students of Swahili

Resources for Students of Swahili

Brian S.
mwl.brayan
Rego Park, NY
Post #: 2
Hey, a couple people expressed their interest in learning and improving their Swahili. Here are a few online resources I am aware of to help out with that between Meetups.

Brian

Vocabulary and more

Vitabu vya Watoto:

Swahili Tales with English translation next to Swahili

Articles to practice Swahili, rated by proficiency level. Click the swahili button and then search.

Mwana Simba: Swahili Method for Beginners

Search engine for language resources, select swahili and search.

Online Dictionary
A former member
Post #: 2

Thank you Brian for the useful information. I also got a novel for our Swahili book club and will bring it with me on Saturday.
Rasheed B.
rasheednyc
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Yeah Brian, good find.
Gautam
user 9572963
Astoria, NY
Post #: 4
We have a travel phrases app that has 400 reference swahili phrases by native speakers https://itunes.apple....­