Eastside Gals Swap Meetup Group Message Board › Your input needed - please respond on the message board

Your input needed - please respond on the message board

Donna Smallin K.
user 32808982
San Diego, CA
Hello, new members! I'm excited to meet and swap with you. Meanwhile, I could really use your input.

To date, we have 16 swappers planning to attend our first meetup on January 19, from 7-9pm. And I haven't even invited my friends yet! I'm thinking that my house may be too small for 16-plus women with all of their stuff.

I've been calling around trying to find meeting space in the Shelby Twp/Rochester area. So far, the places I've called either don't rent space or want about $100 to reserve a room big enough for us - the Shelby Township Community Center being one of them.

Questions for you:

1. If you're planning to attend, would you be willing to pay $5 to cover the cost of a room - plus still bring a light appetizer or finger food/snack item and beverage to share?

2. Do you know of a meeting place in Shelby Twp/Rochester area - could be church hall or condo/apartment complex with a community room and if so, can you please provide contact info?

Please respond to the message board so everyone can be kept abreast. Thanks so much for your input.

Oh, and you might want to make a note of my cell: 248-453-5163 in case you are having trouble finding our meeting place (once we know for sure where it will be!).

Happy day,

Donna

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Donna,

$5 to chip in for a room is fine for me...wish I knew the area better to help find a free spot (big enough)... :/ I was looking a bit online. Rochester Schools offer rooms at a rate-not sure if you checked them out yet to see if they were cheaper....Is anyone actively involved with a church? I think that's the best bet for a free room.... and a great place to leave unwanted items for donation. I attend St. Andrew Parish in Rochester, but am not yet a member. I could try calling next week to see if they have rooms available for this kind of thing. Kensington has a huge facility as well as Woodside Bible Church on Rochester Rd.... just an fyi if there are any connections out there. Hope that helps.
Megan
Donna Smallin K.
user 32808982
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Megan, I can check with Rochester schools - and Shelby Twp schools for that matter. Good idea! I've also got a call into St. Paul's in Downtown Rochester.

If you could call St. Andrew's, that would be great. We would need a table or place to put food and tables for our stuff and chairs, all of which we can set up.

If we DO keep it at my house, perhaps we could limit each person to bringing no more than a dozen items? That might work if we keep participation to 20 swappers. What do you all think of that idea?

Happy day,
Donna
A former member
Post #: 14
I'm really not interested in paying for rental space (I know it's minimal), and I like the idea of the swap happening in Shelby area. I'm not out if Rochester is the decided upon place, though. Just keep me posted on progress. I'd really like to be involved.
A former member
Post #: 2
Donna- Just checked with St. Andrew... It's a no for hall space... Sorry. :(