Eastside Gals Swap Meetup Group Message Board › Can you help?

Can you help?

Donna Smallin K.
user 32808982
San Diego, CA
I became acquainted with a gal through Freecycle who took most of my boxes after I moved. She was moving in with her mom because she had lost her job. Today, she posted to Freecycle that she got a job and need work clothing and shoes. If you have any ideas for her, can you please reply? Thanks so much! Here's what she wrote:

I just got a job and need casual office apparel. I am looking for 4x or 26/28, 30/32 women's casual dress clothes.
I just broke my only pair of black work shoes if anyone has any size 10 black loafers, mules or clogs I am looking for a pair.
I have been searching the Salvation Army in Rochester and Utica and Grace centers of Hope but have had no luck so far.
If anyone knows of any other thrift stores that have women's plus sizes I would love the information.
Thank you for any help!

You gals are great. Thanks!

Donna
Heather
hraymond
Royal Oak, MI
Post #: 2

There is a Plus Size Thrift store in Clawson on 14 Mile Rd and Main St called HIPS.
It is a fantastically priced store. I highly recommend it. Hope this helps! - Heather

Havehips.com

10 South Main Street
Clawson, MI 48017
Front and rear entrance available

Phone: (248) 435-2130

HOURS

Mon 11a-7p
Tue 11a-7p
Wed - CLOSED
Thur 11a-5p
Fri 11a-5p
Sat 11a-6p
Sun 12p-5p
Heather
hraymond
Royal Oak, MI
Post #: 3
Also I have a friend who I think might be a 4X or thereabouts. She has some bags of clothes she was just about to donate. Let me get in contact with her and I'll post about it as soon as I have more info.

Heather

Heather
hraymond
Royal Oak, MI
Post #: 4
Heard from my friend. She's got lots of clothes in those sizes. A little bit of everything. She really wasn't specific, but she was just going to donate them. Would be worth it for your friend to maybe look through them?

Heather

A former member
Post #: 17
Also, I know Samaritan House will send out the needs of particulars to area churches. Perhaps she could try this route? Lieca
A former member
Post #: 8
I became acquainted with a gal through Freecycle who took most of my boxes after I moved. She was moving in with her mom because she had lost her job. Today, she posted to Freecycle that she got a job and need work clothing and shoes. If you have any ideas for her, can you please reply? Thanks so much! Here's what she wrote:

Sorry the closet is closed down for their changeover from winter to spring wardrobe and will not be reopening for a couple weeks

I just got a job and need casual office apparel. I am looking for 4x or 26/28, 30/32 women's casual dress clothes.
I just broke my only pair of black work shoes if anyone has any size 10 black loafers, mules or clogs I am looking for a pair.
I have been searching the Salvation Army in Rochester and Utica and Grace centers of Hope but have had no luck so far.
If anyone knows of any other thrift stores that have women's plus sizes I would love the information.
Thank you for any help!

You gals are great. Thanks!

Donna