November 30, 2013 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
We've got a beautiful spot overlooking the Harbour Bridge and Opera House where we can have a picnic and then hang out on the grassy hill and have drinks long after we finish eating and the sun goes down.
BRING THANKSGIVING DISHES TO SHARE with the group and BYO beer/drinks for yourself. Also be sure to bring a blanket to sit/put food on.
You can BUY cooked TURKEY at Coles/Woolworths that just needs to be heated....
RSVP on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/481608351934846/
We’ll be on the grassy hill above the traffic circle next to the Opera House at the very end of Macquarie St where the American flag is on the maps.
The grassy hill is about 15 meters above the street and you get up on the hill from either side. We’ll have an American flag at the picnic as well to help you find the group.
- Closest BOTTLE SHOP is at the corner of Alfred St/George right next to Circular Quay--but it's a bit limited and pricey FYI.
- ALCOHOL is LEGAL (so BYO) in public parks if you're having food
- BATHROOMS are located by the opera bar
- There is metered PARKING along the street
- No BBQ grills at the venue so no cooking
- BYO plates and cutlery just in case, but it'd be nice if someone can bring a bunch of plates/cutlery as backup for those who forget
- Someone please bring a roll of trash bags
- Please carry a bag of trash down every time you go to the bathroom
If there's RAIN, the BACKUP VENUE will be dry and protected from the rain, under the bridge at the end of George St across the street from the Harbour View Hotel.See More