Sydney Americans Message Board › Traveler's insurance for trip back home?

Traveler's insurance for trip back home?

Kerry
lily0928
Sydney, AU
Post #: 1
Hey there. I don't have health insurance back in the States, I'm going home for Christmas and I wanted to get some sort of policy to cover me in case of something catastrophic. Any one have experience with this? Recommendations? I'm also concerned whether an insurance company would consider me to be "traveling" since my residence is still legally in the States (I'm on a bridging visa).

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Julie H.
user 10921802
Sydney, AU
Post #: 13
My boyfriend and I have used http://www.worldnomad...­ to go from Sydney to the States. I don't think it matters what your "residence" is as its covers from one place to another. I believe they have a few different plans. We've just used the basics. Never had to use it but we had coverage just in case. Look it over if you like. Also, if you decide to buy type in promo code NEWYEAR10 for 10% off. I got a promo email from WorldNomads with the code on Dec. 15th. Hopefully it'll still work.

Sorry if this is a late reply and you've already left for the States! Perhaps it'll be handy for future trips.

Happy Holidays and safe travels!

Julie
Kerry
lily0928
Sydney, AU
Post #: 2
Thanks Julie! I decided to risk it this time around but would feel better knowing in the future that I have something to cover hospital costs in case I'm in an accident. This is exactly what I'm looking for and I think you make a good point about coverage as long as I'm traveling. I really appreciate it!