Sydney Expat Americans Message Board › LAHFA Need a tax accountant/comsultant

LAHFA Need a tax accountant/comsultant

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all, I have read some posts already on filing US taxes, which have been very helpful. My situation is a bit more complex. I am US, UK and NZ citizen. I came in on my New Zealand passport because it meant my employer did not need to sponsor me. When I went to get medicare, I was told I was ineligible. My Uni told me no medicare taxes would be taken out of my paycheck, but I am not so sure because the tax witheld on my payceck is not itemized. Also, I started working on June 1st 2012 from the US and didn't get here until June 29th. I did not have a TFN for June & July and they taxed the heck out of me. I have a house in the US, and still work onlinefor a University in FL. I'd go to H&R Bloack, but I am not sure they'd be able to help, so if anyone has any suggestions or the contact details for a good tax accountant I'd really appreciate it.

A couple of other things. Has the Living Away From Home (LAHFA) gone away and what happens to your supperanuation if you leave Australia. I know there's a lot there to digest, but any advice would be helpful.


Powered by mvnForum

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Log in

Not registered with us yet?

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy