Sydney Americans Message Board › LAHFA Need a tax accountant/comsultant

LAHFA Need a tax accountant/comsultant

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all, I have read some posts already on filing US taxes, which have been very helpful. My situation is a bit more complex. I am US, UK and NZ citizen. I came in on my New Zealand passport because it meant my employer did not need to sponsor me. When I went to get medicare, I was told I was ineligible. My Uni told me no medicare taxes would be taken out of my paycheck, but I am not so sure because the tax witheld on my payceck is not itemized. Also, I started working on June 1st 2012 from the US and didn't get here until June 29th. I did not have a TFN for June & July and they taxed the heck out of me. I have a house in the US, and still work onlinefor a University in FL. I'd go to H&R Bloack, but I am not sure they'd be able to help, so if anyone has any suggestions or the contact details for a good tax accountant I'd really appreciate it.

A couple of other things. Has the Living Away From Home (LAHFA) gone away and what happens to your supperanuation if you leave Australia. I know there's a lot there to digest, but any advice would be helpful.

Best,

Kevin