Sydney Americans Message Board › Milford Trek, South Island NZ

Milford Trek, South Island NZ

A former member
Post #: 3
Greetings all!
I'm going on a trek on the south island of NZ on the Milford and Kepler tracks. I'm looking for someone who might be interested. I reserved two spots on the Milford and unfortunatly my wife had to bow out due to family reasons back in Malaysia. So if someone is interested it is during the weeks of March 12 - 19th and 19th -27th, and I will be going on to the Kepler trek after that but that should not be a problem getting a spot on since its not as popular as the Milford is. To give you some insight in the Milford, its considered one of the worlds best trails! I have done 3 trips to Nepal, completed the Appalachain Trail in 5 months, and the Pacific Crest Trail, plus South America, the Alps, the Alaska range etc etc. However after all that I would have to say the hut system in NZ is the best I've seen! You don't need to worry about cooking gear or tents due to the awesome huts they have along their trails!
Anyhow anyone interested let me know as I will have to give up that spot soon as I have to get back the hut fee's I paid in advance.
Cheers
Paul