SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER - BILL TAI
Hugely respected Silicon Valley investor Bill Tai will be at the event from 8:30am - 9:30am. For those who don't know Bill he's been through 19 IPO's as part of his work at Charles River Ventures and is an active angel investor in startups around the world, including Australia.
Bill will be talking on the following topic:
WHAT’S THE RIGHT WAVE TO RIDE AS A STARTUP IN THIS REGION?
• The parabolic scalability enabled by ‘cloud’ infrastructure& massive distribution available via mobile
• Future trends of user interface to data of app economy
• The gear shift in opportunity towards “User interface todata coming off the Cloud”
• The shift from 4th (UI / UX driven) to 5th (‘Big Data’)generation startups
• 'Virtualization’ is extending from servers to the realworld - homes, cars, assets
• Why Silicon Valley is no longer a monopoly on ‘the start’ but is still important to scale
You can get the details from the official flyer HERE
The Sydney Tech Startup Meetup is the longest running, and biggest, meetup for tech startups in Sydney!
Running since early 2007 it has been a regular place for the Sydney Tech Startup Community to get together, exchange ideas, connect with like-minded people and work on their startups.
3 things define this meetup:
- It's informal (no nametags, no structure to the event)
- It's on regularly - (Every fortnight. if you haven't heard otherwise, it's on!)
- It's friendly (just come and say "Hi" to anyone there)
So, if you're a part of the startup community, this is your place to come and hang out.