Sydney Tech Startup Meetup Message Board Help My Startup › What is your best (and worst) taxi story?

What is your best (and worst) taxi story?

A former member
Post #: 2
We’ve all been stranded before on a Saturday night without a taxi. We’ve all had taxi experiences we'd rather forget.

On the other hand, some of us have had awesome taxi experiences (like getting the cabbie who’ll wait while you stop in at the local liquor store- thank you, best driver in Hobart!).

It could get better too. What if you could see all nearby taxis on a map? What if you could see your taxi approaching on your phone? What if you could rate your taxi drivers and share those ratings with friends?

The startup I represent is a new iPhone app called goCatch. It will let you do all of the above when catching a taxi, and is available for free download and use in the App Store now: http://itunes.apple.c...­ (Android version coming soon). goCatch is the brainchild of Andrew Campbell and Ned Moorfield, two experienced entrepreneurs in the Sydney startup scene.

BUT- goCatch needs your help to reach its full potential. For it to work at its best, we need your taxi story.

The app is free for both passengers and taxi drivers, but it will only work if enough passengers and drivers share it around. We need around 500 taxi drivers using goCatch in each city to help you always find a taxi, to get to where you need to be. Then you won't be standing in the rain at 1am trying to get home…

What’s your best taxi experience? What’s your worst?

Help to create a better taxi experience for yourself and everyone else, by getting 5000 people to our Facebook event: https://www.facebook....­

Tell your friends, tell your taxi drivers, and tell your mum! And please, tell me what you think...

cheers,
Em