Sydney Tech Startup Meetup Message Board Help My Startup › Carbon Cutters Co-op

Carbon Cutters Co-op

A former member
Post #: 101
CCC is a proposal to simplify the marketing, supply, financing and installation of environmental products.

I want to offer a complete solution without many of the current problems. The biggest problems are access to finance and length of the time it takes to install products.

1. Widest distribution possible.
This is everything to do with education and only marginally about market access.

My ideal is everyone would use environmental products as a fund-raiser. Along with "sausage sizzles" groups such as schools or Rotary would introduce potential customers to environmental products. If the product was sold they would receive a commission.

2. Allow easy access to funding
Currently, the government has 'hodgepodge' of grants, rebates and other financial assistance to purchase ' green' products. Also, some of the smaller banks and credit unions offer loans but their is not central database not coordination of the varying supports.

A single phone call / enquiry should quickly access the total financial support to potential customer.

3. Installing green products is a pain.
Every time the government increases the financial support the installers increase their price and capture most of the value. This is got to change. None of the environmental programs are being treated as an industrial product, that is, pre-assembly off-site and minimal skill level to install. All the products are being treated as a cottage industry, that is, every installation is highly customised using minimal technology.

Firstly, we need to use modern satellite imagery to reduce the need for on-site inspections. Next, using more pre-assembled equipment and better technology reduce the total cost of installations.

By working with a variety of people the CCC could become a small but important organisation