addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Sydney Expat Connection Message Board › Your Opportunity To Get Social!

Your Opportunity To Get Social!

Rebecca W.
RebeccaWells
Sydney, AU

Hello all you gorgeous expats!

Sorry I've been offline for a little while - I am now 39 weeks pregnant and about to pop! Thanks to all of you who have sent me lovely emails wishing me all the best!

It does mean of course that I won't be organising any events myself for a few months which means it's OVER TO YOU!

If you have an idea for an event you'd like to host, either post it to the Group Wall on the www.meetup.com/sydneyexpatconnection­ website or email me with your idea. This is actually best because it means I can email the group to let them know about it and make it an official event on the calendar.

You just need to email me with:

• Your name (AND your user name on this site so I can find you and make you the event host)
  • Brief details of the event itself
  • Where you will be meeting everyone and how they will find you
  • When (time and date) you will be meeting
  • What people need to bring (if anything)
  • Any ticket information
  • Any thing else of importance!

So many events have been arranged through this wonderful group (nearly 100 in fact) and there are so many events you could choose to host. Here are some ideas:

- kayaking

- bush walk

- shopping at a market

- pub crawl

- bicycle trek

- picnic in the park

- drinks night (City ones are always most popular but obviously anywhere works!)

- BBQ on the beach

- fancy dress night

- boat cruise

- theatre night

- outdoor cinema

The list is endless!!!! Whatever you fancy arranging please go ahead and take command! :)

See you guys very soon,

Rebecca x