Aug 16, 2011 · 5:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
You are invited to discuss "How to become an Expert!" with the World TOP Oracle Experts! Oracle ACE Directors, OakTable network members and local community members will discuss face to face what skills and personal characteristics you should develop to become a recognizable expert on the field!
We hope it is going to be a very special event unlike anything else you have seen before. The following Oracle Experts confirmed their participation as of now:
- Chris Muir (Oracle ACE Director, Australia)
- Connor McDonald (Oracle ACE Director, Australia)
- Craig Shallahamer (Oracle ACE Director, US)
- Guy Harrison (Oracle ACE, Australia)
- Marcelle Kratochvil (Oracle ACE Director, Australia)
- Richard Foote (Oracle ACE Director, Australia)
- Thomas Kyte (Oracle, US)
- Tim Hall (Oracle ACE Director, UK)
Just to give you some idea of possible discussion topics that we envisage can be part of the discussion:
- Top skills that you need to become an Oracle expert
- Real life stories on how to become an expert
- Are education and certifications important?
- What are possible/best training options?
- How to keep your skills in good shape?
- How Oracle community related activities can help (if they can help at all)?
As we mentioned this is going to be something special. We are keeping the format of the Meetup very open. No one from the experts is expected to present anything. We will not use a projector or computers. We will have a set of questions prepared in advance to facilitate the discussion. As in most of our events our sponsors (The Pythian Group) will ensure that each participant enjoys the friendly conversation having a bottle of beer or glass of wine in hand.
Any one from Oracle Community is invited to participate (subject to seats availability). Please feel free to join us and broadcast news about the event among yours professional networks!
See you at 16th of August,
Nuno, Gary, Paul & Yury