addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sydney Tech Meetup Message Board Help My Startup › Please visit my startup and tell me what you think

Please visit my startup and tell me what you think

Andrew G.
Sydney, AU
Post #: 1
Hi all,

It's been a while - I went to the first couple OpenCoffees and few since. If anyone remembers I was pitching my image search idea. Well it's finally here.

I'm about to start promoting it, but I still need some good old feedback (even just a confidence boost confirming that it's good to go!).

Please check it out and leave feedback on the site or reply to all here.

Perhaps I can kick it off with a question: is Sprixi useful to you than Google image search?

Kim H
user 4024983
Group Organizer
Sydney, AU
Post #: 69
hey andrew

great site. Definitely more useful than Google image search - particularly because of the ease of use around licensing.

keep up the good work

user 9577488
Sydney, AU
Post #: 1
Hi Andrew,

I just used your site after seeing your post in the group here.

I'll join Kim above in also congratulating you on a job well done.

You certainly have the usability pretty much perfect and I love the left/right flow rather than up/down or worse still a complete page change.

I especially like the re-sizing options and the auto created HTML links that go straight into the clip board from a button click all while maintaining the licensing links.

Good work and I wish you lots of luck in taking it from here :)

P.S. Is it rails and JQuery under the hood?
Andrew G.
Sydney, AU
Post #: 2
Thanks guys!

Yep Ryan - it sure is rails and jQuery, I love the stuff :)

A former member
Post #: 104
Top stuff Andrew. I found sprixi enjoyable to use. I agree with those above when they indicate it is intuitive and easy to use and for most of my searches it produces great results.
One thing I should point out....The scroll bar for the left hand side image section went out of site so I could not see the bottom images and type in a new search item. Not sure if this is deliberate but I doubt it because it detracted from the ease of use a little.

I think this style of image searching will take off. The trick I imagine will be to gain enough market share before Google or some of the other big players copy it for themselves.

Good luck with this startup.

Cheers, Dale