Tacoma Night Out Message Board › Stepping down

Stepping down

A former member
Hi everyone,

First of all, just want to say that if you made it to Doyle's for St. Paddy's and I didn't meet you...hope you had a great time. I met a few of you...but it was extremely crowded and so limited the ability for our group to connect. I had my hat and meetup sign on, beads and everything.....BUT so did everyone else. Lesson learned....I would not schedule a meetup again for our group on St. Paddy's at an Irish Pub. There were just too many people for us to connect and the lines were quite long. So apologies for those of you who weren't able to connect with others in our group.

As for the purpose of writing, I am going to be stepping down as organizer since I will be moving from the area in the next few months. I just don't have the time to put into organizing events. Anyone who would be interested in being the organizer...just sign up. Once I step down, there will be about 2 weeks (maybe more if they give credit for what I've already paid for in dues...which should be through August). The fee is $12 a month. Some groups do a yearly collection or a dollar here and there to cover it. In other groups the organizer just covers the cost. It's entirely up to each group and the organizer how they work it. If you are interested and have any questions please email me and I'll get back with you.

I have made so many wonderful friends through this group, and while I'm not in a position to continue on as organizer, I certainly hope to continue to meet many of you through either this meetup or others.

Valsmile