Jul 19, 2014 · 12:30 PM
This location is no longer available
Bring your collection of found items* along with the things** that will help you connect them with or to one another. We’ll be playing in the garden at my home under shade of 2, 10’x10’ tents. Stools and tables will be provided, along with apple mint lemonade and any summer snacks you bring to share. I will be sharing examples of mobiles and wall hangings that I have made in the past, and providing guidance to anyone with questions.
LIST OF SUPPLIES…
*”Found Items” can include (but use your imagination):
- twigs, shells, leaves, feathers, bones… – ephemera from Nature
- pins, barrettes, rings, ear-rings… – ephemera from your jewelry box
- nuts, bolts, washers, light / flash bulbs, ropes, chains, wire, computer tape… ephemera from ??!!??
- beads (big is better), marbles, glass floats, little windows… – ephemera from the antique store
- spray paints can add color
** Tools and Materials to hold it all together:
- light to heavy gauge wires; coated and un-coated (colored copper is especially fun!)
- shoe-laces, ropes and twines (plastic or cotton; colored and maybe even frayed…)
- needle-nose and standard pliers, wire cutters, hammers (all available, but bring yours too)