addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 4
We moved from Colorado and Massachusetts so water hasn't been an issue. How do most of you carry water for the dog? He has his own pack, but has never really used it. Just curious about what I really need for him while we are here. Any tips would be appreciated. Do you all use the dog boots?
Bill B.
user 3517420
Sahuarita, AZ
Post #: 156
Welcome to Southern Arizona! Many of our hikes do have natural water sources especially this time of year. However, it's still necessary to carry water for your dog as those water sources are often far apart, limited, or unreliable. My yellow lab, Bella, carries her own water. She doesn't seem to mind carrying her own pack at all. I also encourage her to pre-hydrate by offering chilled water at the meeting place and/or trail head parking area.

Bella doesn't wear dog booties but I've been thinking about buying a pair for emergency purposes.

A former member
Post #: 1
I've never used boots and also have most of my dogs carry their own water. Right now my pup doesn't have his own pack (waiting til his full grown) so I end up carrying more water for him than I carry for myself. Hope you enjoy hiking here.