TAMPA BAY ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC MEETUP Message Board Tampa Bay EDM Discussion Forum › ASSISTANT ORGANIZERS NEEDED

ASSISTANT ORGANIZERS NEEDED

Mitchie
Trancygal
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Below is a list of responsibilities for Assistant Organizers.  If you are agreeable to them, please don't hesitate letting me know. Being an AO is not difficult so don't let this list deter you from at least trying it out.  As the Organizer, I'm fair, flexible, and drama-free 

Thanks so much for your interest!

TBTM ASSISTANT ORGANIZER RESPONSIBILITIES

Post any EDM events that may be of interest.  You can choose to post 1) as an official meetup wherein YOU ARE THE HOST; 2) as a suggestion; 3) simply on the calendar as a courtesy with no intent to meetup.

The self-appointed Host is responsible for any and all of his/her posts, which must be accurate and complete as possible, and include links for more information, access to purchase tickets, etc.

After you post, be sure to send out a courtesy email about the official meetup, and post it on the message board which can be found under the "Discussions" tab.

For official meetups, the Host is responsible to keep track of RSVPs and follow-up when necessary.  It's advisable to have members who RSVP "maybe" change either to "yes" or "no" so that YOU as the host will know whether to connect with that member at the event.

As a Host, you must be at the event and on time or as close to the appointed time.  If you think you're going to be at least 30 minutes late, attempt to alert an attending member so that he/she can let others know, so that everyone will be assured you WILL be there.

If the Host must cancel (for whatever legitimate reason), then update the site and email members accordingly.  If you so choose, find a member to take your place.

As a Host, you must avail yourself at all times which includes giving out your contact number.  Use your discretion as to how you want to expose your contact number, such as by email, posting it on the site, etc.

At the meetup when the event progresses, you may notice some members break off and go their own way which is perfectly fine but later they may want to rejoin so it's advisable for the Host to pre-designate an area to reconnect during the event.

As the Host, it's in your discretion as to how long you want to stay.  If you choose to leave early and if possible, let the others know as a courtesy.

Last but not least, don't forget to enjoy the music and have fun!

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate responding to this email.  For privacy, you can email me at mgoldmanfl@gmail.com
Katie M.
user 173130942
Orlando, FL
Post #: 1
I would love to be an assistant organizer!