PLEASE NOTE: THE LOCATION OF THE LECTURE PORTION OF THE EVENT HAS CHANGED. IF YOU COME ON SATURDAY, THE REGISTRATION OPENS AT 2:30pm AT THE HAMILTON COUNTY COORDINATOR'S OFFICE, 1153 US HWY 41 NW, SUITE 2, JASPER, FL. 32052
Any questions about the event or location, call Tom (727)[masked]
THE HAMILTON COUNTY’S “OLD JASPER JAIL” FUNDRAISER & INVESTIGATION
MAY 16TH – MAY 18TH, 2014
This is listed as a three day event, but if you can only make it out for one day, Saturday will be the day you want to go! If you plan to attend, please RSVP here so I can give them an idea of how many people may be going, from our group. This event is being hosted by Skyway Paranormal. If you do make it out there, be sure to mention to Tom Anthony that you are part of the Tampa Bay Paranormal Society!
This event is located in northern Florida, at the Old Hamilton County Jail, 501 First Ave., Jasper, FL 32052
Event Cost: $25.00 (Payable at event registration table)
If you would like to stay for the entire event, the host hotel is:
Americas Best Value Inn
3119 County Road 136
White Springs Florida 32096
Phone (386)[masked] When reserving a room, please remember to tell them you are with the Jasper Jail Fundraiser. The room rates are $65.00/night, plus tax.
NOTE TO VENDORS: If you have items you would like to sell, please feel free to either contact Tom Anthony or Renee Daigle for vendor table information.
“Built in 1893, the Old Jail is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This two-story fireproof brick, steel and concrete structure was also home to the Sheriff and his family. There were babies brought into the world and men taken from the world in this building. Actual photographs of what is believed to be the last legal hanging East of the Mississippi are on display. This was Hamilton County's only jail, and was used until 1984.” -- http://www.hamiltoncountyflorida.com/cd_historical.aspx
Friday, May 16th:
· 7:00pm - 8:00pm - Pre-registration at the Old Hamilton County Jail
· 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm - Friday Night Social: We will have a meet and greet with Renee Mitchell Daigle, Robert Myers, Tom Anthony, Lana Randolph, Myron Dale Holst, Betsy Perry, and Joan J. Gnepp Myers. There will also be plenty of other folks there to meet. During that time, feel free to enjoy a walkthrough of the Old Hamilton County Jail.
Saturday, May 17th:
· 1:00 pm - Please join us for lunch as we support the local H & F Restaurant (202 Hatley St. SE Jasper, FL 32052 Ph:[masked]) They have very generously given us the space to hold the lecture portion of our Fundraising Event. For $9.00 you can enjoy a buffet style lunch, which includes a beverage.
If you can't meet up for lunch, join us for our lecture portion of the event at 2:30pm here: The Hamilton County Coordinator's Office, 1153 US Hwy 41 NW, Suite 2, Jasper, FL 32052 If you have any questions, call Tom (Skyway Paranormal Founder) at (727)[masked]
· 2:30 pm - The registration table for the fundraising event will open (Located at the Hamilton County Coordinator's Office)
· 3:00 pm - Tom Anthony will kick off of the event.
· 3:15 pm - Rusty Myers (Skyway Paranormal)
· 4:00 pm - Chuck Westbrook (Genesis Paranormal) will speak about why jails are haunted.
· 5:00 pm - Bonnie Korniak (Founder and Lead Investigator at AURA Paranormal)
· 5:45 pm - Rusty, Robert, Chuck, Bonnie and Tom will host a short Q & A about all things paranormal.
· 6:15 pm - The lecture portion of the event will close and we will give everyone time to grab some dinner.
· 8:00 pm
We will meet up at The Old Hamilton County Jail, 501 First St., Jasper, FL 32052. We’ll have several people on hand to give a quick tour of the location. When all of the tours are complete, we’ll meet in the office and cover all the important information and then break into teams, for the investigation portion of the event.
Sunday, May 18th:
Join us for breakfast, as we meet again at the H & F Restaurant. We will take that time to thank April and the restaurant staff for their assistance with helping us help The Old Jail. Breakfast is served Buffet style and is $8.00, with your drink included.