addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Tampa Bay Ukulele Society Message Board › Drum backup?

Drum backup?

Keith M J.
user 13352699
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 2
I had a question about using drums as a backup and I thought that others might have the same question. I do my practicing by myself and wanted to have some sort of backup drum beats or something like the beat of a metronome to play along with and I was wondering what others are using? What do you use to provide your drum beats with? I have a Boss RC-20XL looper that I am playing with but this doesn't do what I wanted as I have to provide the beats and I'll use this later on. I wanted something simple for now. Like 3/4 or 4/4 single beats but something that I can change when I get better at playing. Any suggestions? biggrin Thanks Keith
A former member
Post #: 8
Keith, the Rx-20 is a great box....I use it professionally. It offers a lot of selections to save. I have a simple, but ancient, Yahama drum machine that we could use to put rhythms onto your looper. Hoewver, not sure that the tempos can be adjusted., like on the built in metronome of the looper.

Another option is buying a tuner that also has a metronome built in. I have a "Center Pitch CP-10" which gives you a time signature of 1-9 beats to a measure, and a variety of straight beats and syncopations.