Tampa Bay Vegan & Vegetarian Meetup Group Message Board › Veg-Friendly Restaurants

Veg-Friendly Restaurants

Pamela
PamelaNLargo
Largo, FL
Post #: 19
I'd like to suggest Mirage on Gulf-to-Bay in CLW.

http://www.miragerest...­

Persian/Med fare, have a great lunch buffet (Sat's too) with many veg items- dolmeh, falafel, hummus,
baklava, etc and some good veggie stews...

Restaurant probably seats 75 and has outdoor deck.
A former member
Post #: 77
Marvin suggested Deeya in Clearwater - Indian place that's very vegan friendly! [below from www.VegTampaBay.com

5166 E Bay Drive ? Clearwater, FL 33764 ? Tues-Fri 11:30-2:30 ? Lunch Buffet (veg friendly) 5:30-9:30 ? Dinner menu (veg friendly) ? Lunch Buffet Sat & Sun 11:30-3:00 (veg friendly) ? Phone: (727) 539-0273 ? Over 21 vegetarian items on our dinner menu. The restaurant is not pure vegetarian. Specializes in modifying their menu to make their items vegan. Special orders are gladly accommodated. Labeled vegan buffet items and will add extra vegan items to the buffet by request at no additional charge. We are located on East Bay Drive a few blocks west of U.S. 19. We are next to the AMC theater.

ALSO, thanks to Selah, we've learned about a Local Coffe + Tea in St. Pete! They have VEGAN FRENCH TOAST, OH MY!

http://www.localcoffe...­
Barb D.
barbdeggans
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 2
For "fast" food, try Fresh Go in St. Petersburg. They have a black bean burger, a veggie wrap, a grilled veggie side, and usually a vegetarian soup. It is also a family business that is trying to serve quality food. I was happy to support them.
A former member
Post #: 11
As a single guy , I don' t eat at home very much , and on a tight budget always looking for something healthy , this is what I do .

Einstein Bagels for a turbo toasted POWER BAGEL , and their Green Tea , if I can get their vegetable soup without it being microwaved , it is very good .

ZEKOS @ 49 ST and 54 AVE North, has been serving some of the best fish , at a very reasonable price

MOES has the best black beans and rice with the sauteed onions* ( not on menu ) , but they will do it . just tell them it's ....WILLIAM'S DISH

*very often they do not chop the onions very good .

POLLO TROPICAL @34 ST and PARK very good black beans and rice , a more family friendly warm atmosphere , but they don't know how to do their onions very well .

CHIC FIL A has the best ...... carrot salad if you just have to get something somewhere .
Inma M.
user 84816022
Tampa, FL
Post #: 1
TC Choy's in Howard, has a vegetarian part in their menu, AND they're looking for ideas to add more to that vegetarian/vegan part as well. They have brown rice, tofu, buddha's delight, vegetarian/vegan sushi, and soups as well.