Tampa Bay Vegan & Vegetarian Meetup Group Message Board › Happy Veg*n New Year!

Happy Veg*n New Year!

Sara
Hello My Veggie Friends!

I hope you all had a great night and are headed into the new year happy and confident that you will reach your goals! As we head into 2010, I wanted to remind you of the great meetups we have coming up and bring up some other changes you may not have noticed.

First of all, for those of you long time members, there have been questions added to your profile. If you could answer those, it will help me learn more about the interests of the group and plan better meetups for us. Also, there is an option to contribute a small yearly donation of $2 to help pay the $12 monthly Meetup membership fee. It's completely optional, but it helps. Thank you to those of you who have already contributed!

Just as a reminder, we have the following great meetups planned:

­
New Member Meetup at Rollin' Oats in St. Pete
-- This is a bi-monthly event to encourage new members to make that first step and get involved.

Volunteer at Sweetwater Organic Farm -- Do some good, and help out a local CSA.

Vegetarian Book Club - This one may be rescheduled as we reconsider out book choice to find something a little more accessible, but it will happen in February. Keep your eye out for it!

Second Tuesday Dining Out: evos -- On the second Tuesday of every other month, we get together for a meal a local veg-friendly restaurant. February is evos!

I'm also setting up outings at The Garden Cafe, Leafy Greens, and hopefully a volunteer day up at Kindred Spirits. If you have any ideas for future meetups, please let us know by using the Idea tab on the calendar page.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and meeting and making new veg*ns in 2010!

~ Sara