Stage Tango Choreography Intensive
Tango show producer Sergio Segura and professional dancer and choreographer is preparing a special workshop for those who want to learn how to create their own exciting tango choreography. Students will receive professional level training and will learn the fundamentals and elements necessary to create their own Stage Tango routines. The Choreography Intensive will allow excelling students to show off their unique routines at Sergio Segura’s events and productions.
Purpose:This is a comprehensive workshop about the basic structure of Stage Tango Choreography, using a compilation of traditional tango elements, applying them to music and performing on the stage.
The goal: Understanding how to build choreography by learning the basic vocabulary of stage tango, applying dance resources to music, and related elements. These elements will guide the student to build his or her own choreography.
IMPORTANT:Students will be given a tour of all the above elements and the chance to practice them through Stage Tango. This two day workshop will offer a fundamental base for those interested in taking tango to the stage. Individuals with any kind of dance training will find challenging and enjoyable material, which you will have the opportunity to continue with and perfect in private or group classes. Some of our students may be selected to perform at Sergio Segura’s tango productions.*** NO FILMING IS ALLOWED ***The content will be emailed upon request
* Training or experience in any kind of dance (not necessarily tango). Tango is highly recommended as a way to expand your dance horizons from improving balance to perfecting partnering technique.
* Body conditioning, balance, coordination, memory and attentiveness. You should be in good health condition (a liability release form has to be signed in order to be part of the course.) The class will be taught at a fast pace and at times will require vigorous physical exercise.
* Dance shoes (leather/suede sole) required. High heels are NOT recommended for followers.
* A partner will be required for this workshop. If you do not have a partner, you will be placed on a waiting list. We will do our best to match partners.
* Same-gender partners are welcome
1-Stage Tango Choreography Intensive (6 hours):
$190 in advance (10% OFF), $210 at the door
Couples $357 (15% OFF), IN ADVANCE ONLY