Tarrant Internet Entrepreneurs Meetup Message Board › Looking for like-minded people to start a website creating group.

Looking for like-minded people to start a website creating group. HTML/PHP/WordPress

Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 12
I have ideas for websites, but not enough time, and I am asking if there are other people like me. I do already have my own affiliate websites, but I would like to create larger, more serious websites, and I was hoping that with a group we could share the work load to create and monitor websites. I feel that with people who have at least one interest, such HTML, PHP, or WordPress we could unit and share our resources to create awesome websites. Any interest? I am a conservative, senior adult; I enjoy fun, but I like to get serious work done. Plus, I just enjoy creating website. LOL Marilyn*
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 41
I put up a Facebook page, so you can ask me questions. Or you can email me. Thanks, Marilyn*

https://www.facebook....­
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 60
Hello - I am excited about this new business endeavor idea. I have added information at Facebook; an outline, and I’m trying to determine the best meeting time. If you want to contact me please use my email here at Meetup, my FB email goes to a “dumping” email I never look at.

Facebook Page (You don’t have to be a member to view the page.)
https://www.facebook....­

I’ve received some notes from people that indicate that they are a bit confused about my idea. To be clear, it is not a Meetup group, there are already many fine Meetup groups. This is also not a group for creating websites for other people’s businesses, there are a ton of people doing that already. This is a business group to create for-profit websites that provide a service or information, and the site’s income is derived from such sources such as advertising placed on the pages, like Facebook and many other information and free service websites do to earn income.

The other common question I’ve received is how can a group of strangers come together and work together. Three things. A business attitude, a willingness to learn, and like-minded in interests and goals. This is a business and learning venture, not a social group, although I hope that we can have fun working together. The simple idea is to learn by doing, and hopefully make a profit at the same time.

I’ve tried to express that I am looking for like-minded people, so that we can come together, and agree, and work together successfully. So here it is, I am a senior adult, conservative, I sell on eBay, and love web design and creating my own affiliate income websites, but I often get too many projects going and lack focus. I would like to work with a group to focus on a large project idea that I have rattling around in my head. I want to expand my horizons beyond making my own affiliate websites or designing sites for others, I want to create something big, and fun, and new, and hopefully profitable. If you are like minded, come join me. Come have an adventure!

Thanks for your time. And a sincere thanks to the Meetup organizer for giving me this opportunity to contact other members here.
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 80
Hi - I am changing directions on the meeting idea. Rather than having a meeting, first let's just sit down and talk.

I am getting messages from people indicating that there might be some confusion about the project idea. Perhaps we need to start slower, maybe with a smaller project, maybe something non-profit in nature. I am getting the impression that many of people who have written to me are either into Internet stuff, or into business, but not necessarily both. I am interested in business projects, rather than "fun" projects (I have plenty of those going already - LOL), but still, perhaps we need to start slower, with a simple project. Let's talk about it. Also, some of you have indicated that you wanted to met with me privately to discuss some ideas you have, please, if you wouldn't mind, let's met this way first, and maybe we can find some private time to talk or make arrangement to get together another time.

I will be at The Ginger Man Pub on Camp Bowie, in Fort Worth, on both Saturday and Sunday, (this weekend March 9 & 10) most people should be able to make it one of those two days. I will be there at about 1:00 pm (the time they open) and I will stick around for at least an hour. I am not a "to the minute punctual" type person, so if I am not there right on the dot, please give me a few minutes. I will be with my husband and we will try to think of a way to indicate who we are, such as a note on the table or something. I don't really know to much about good places to met, I just know this place is fairly centrally located in Fort Worth, being just west of downtown.

Directions: From I-30 in Fort Worth (west of downtown) - Take the Montgomery St. exit and go north 14 streets (counting on left) to the large Camp Bowie intersection. Turn left (west) onto Camp Bowie, and The Ginger Man Pub is on the right (northside).

Sat. & Sun. March 9 & 10 at about 1:00pm each day.

The Ginger Man Pub
3716 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107
(817) 886-2327

http://ftworth.ginger...­