The Tarrant County Libertarian Meetup Message Board › Great Liberty Quotes

Great Liberty Quotes

A former member
Post #: 8
"When I was young, American politics were fairly straightforward: conservatives let you keep all your money in return for telling you how to live your life, while liberals let you live as you pleased in return for all your money. Now the only difference is whether they want your money or your life first." -- D.A. Ridgely

I got that one from the Downsize Dispatch, e-newsletter of Downsize D.C. (DownsizeDC.org)

-jsj
A former member
Post #: 10
"...I have always strenuously supported the Right of every man to his opinion, however different that opinion might be too mine. He who denies to another this right, makes a slave of himself to his present opinion, because he precludes himself the right of changing it." - Thomas Paine, from The Age of Reason
A former member
Post #: 3
"Freedom is indivisible, there is no 's' on the end of it. You can erode freedom, diminish it, but you cannot divide it and choose to keep 'some freedoms' while giving up others."

Ronald Reagan
A former member
Post #: 4
"...I have always strenuously supported the Right of every man to his opinion, however different that opinion might be too mine. He who denies to another this right, makes a slave of himself to his present opinion, because he precludes himself the right of changing it." - Thomas Paine, from The Age of Reason

Much like Voltaire's “I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

The Age of Enlightenment / Age of Reason with Locke, Franklin, Paine, Voltaire and their contemporaries - an important time not only in forming the ideas that formed this country, but in creating our idea of freedom today. Interesting period in history and remarkable ideas - especially when you consider that they were purely hypothetical at the time!!
A former member
Post #: 16
"A vision without a task is a dream. A task without a vision is drudgery. But a vision with a task can change the world."
- attributed to Black Elk(Oglala Sioux)
A former member
Post #: 24
“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” -Thomas Jefferson
Michael C.
user 8312517
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 1
Might not necessarily be a liberty quote but one of my favorites. I think it something that everyone needs to reflect on as it looks like we are marching towards more unconstitutional wars or "conflicts".

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?" - Mahatma Gandhi
A former member
Post #: 26
"The practice of combining into one Bill Subjects diverse in their nature and having no necessary connection, thereby to secure the passage of several measures, no one of which could succeed on its own merits, both corrupts Congress and endangers the American constitutional republic." -- One Subject At A Time Act, Section 2(f)
A former member
Post #: 31
“There are people in need of help. Charity is one of the nobler human motivations. The act of reaching into one’s own pockets to help a fellow man in need is praiseworthy and laudable. Reaching into someone else’s pocket is despicable and worthy of condemnation.”
-Walter E. Williams
John S.
spijo03
Colleyville, TX
Post #: 17
Here's one by a friend of mine that I want to try to have it included in the 'Bumpersticker Lexicon'...
"It is not the government's job to do us Christian's 'dirty work'."
- E. Todd Hedgcoth