The Tarrant County Libertarian Meetup Message Board › New Meetup: First Annual Music 4 Mutts... RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!

New Meetup: First Annual Music 4 Mutts... RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!

John S.
Announcing a new Meetup for The Tarrant County Libertarian Meetup!

What: First Annual Music 4 Mutts... RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!

When: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:00 AM

Where: Music 4 Mutts Arena (kidding)
2301 Scott Ave (I-30 & Beach)
Fort Worth, TX 76103

The Tarrant County Libertarian Party/Meetup will have a booth at Music 4 Mutts! Times are 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Something tells me that a band ain't going on at 9:00 AM. It's against the musicians' creed to get singing that early!! In fact, I'll probably get their about 11:00-ish myself. Let me know when you want to come!

Music 4 Mutts Fort Worth is a music festival with the goals of raising money for local dog & cat rescues and Ft. Worth's only public low cost spay/neuter clinic.

Other goals are to raise awareness for the need to spay & neuter your pets, adopt from rescue groups and showcase local businesses that are willing to invest in our community.

The last, but certainly not least of our goals is to throw a fun party.

Between the two shelters in Ft. Worth (one tax payer funded, the other privately funded), we kill approximately 60 dogs per day due to space. A small part of increasing the save rate for the number of the adoptable dogs & cats is getting more dogs & cats spayed/neutered and helping local rescue organizations get these dogs & cats out of the shelters, exposing the adoptable pets to the public and educating our community. The day will be filled with live music, dog adoptions, doggie costume contest, more live music, adult beverages, food, silent auction, networking & fun.

The booth is free for us Libertarians (One of the main organizers is kinda 'one of us')... but I assume, you need to pay to get in. It's $15 and helps out the good ol' puppy dog.

If you're there when I'm there, I will be telling the story of my miniature wiener dog took on a 15 foot tall Stevie Ray Vaughn. No, I was not stoned when it happened.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­