The Melbourne Tea Meetup Message Board › New Organiser Needed

New Organiser Needed

Chris C.
ChrisCC
Melbourne, AU
Hi all Melbourne Tea Meetup members.

I saved this group only a few hours before it was about to be deleted in Nov, as the previous organiser stepped down. However i've not been able to do much re it with it's current/previous charter.

I've considered changing or adding to the group's name & modifying it's objectives. However, i feel my ideas may not suit some members as you joined because it's called "tea" meetup group.

Have considered changing/expanding name to things like: Tea Houses, Coffee Houses, Eating Houses Group; Tea, Coffee & Beverage Meetup group. (Or not include coffee in name)

The ideas were to allow a wider option of events and places to visit, & so people can enjoy what & when they wish. Many people drink coffee earlier in a day, while drinking tea later or at night. I also need to research which cafes serve fresh tea (Any decent cafe serving tea bags in this era should be banished, by the way).

The Melbourne Tea Meetup Group, with nearly 300 members, is definitely worth keeping. However as i'm already organiser or assistant/event organiser with several groups, i feel the group would be better served (if continued in its current formation) by another organiser.

A new organiser will be provided any or all the assistance they would like, by me. It's also possible to create a team of co-organisers & share the duties.

With several months experience as organiser of other groups, and happy to answer any questions, would make it easy for a new organiser. I'm also happy to be an assistant organiser if a new group organiser desires.

So, as of Jan 5, i'm stepping down as organiser of this group. I believe it has 7 days before being deleted, if no one takes on role of organiser. I've also that time to re-consider, but as i will still be organiser of 3 groups, i would have to step down from one of those. Which i really don't want to, as my ideas & knowledge of places suit those groups.

Comment, discuss, or query. All replies to this email will be sent to all members. If you wish to direct any queries to me only, send an email via my profile page. U won't be able to use 'contact us' while there's no organiser

-Chris Charles

This email is likely to be duplicated as it's also being posted on message board, as some people have some notifications turned off.
Sarah C.
user 34270612
Group Organizer
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 1
Hi Chris - and all members,

I was looking to start a Tea Meet Up group in Melb this year, then found one already exists.. looking for a new organiser!

I'm keen to step up to the role and would appreciate any guidance from yourself Chris in the technicalities of how it works.

What I'll bring is an immense passion for tea and creating opportunites to learn and experience more about specialty teas. I'm planning to hold monthly tea appreciation evenings around different themes, regions or styles of tea.

A bit about me; spent the past 6 months working as a Tea Sommelier at Vue de Monde, before that, I've travelled to the tea fields in Taiwan, Japan and Korea, to learn as much as I can. My two passions are tea and education (and good food, but that's another story).

Group - let me know if you might be interested in my ideas and direction I want to take. Any other suggestions welcome!

Kind regards
Sarah Cowell
Chris C.
ChrisCC
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 29
Have sent a direct reply (to Sarah, via meetup.com email facility). It appears after stepping down as organiser of Tea Meetup Group, I'm not getting any email notifications re the group.
Even though it should, as still am a member. (The Tea group doesn't come up in my 'my groups' list either).

While i've stepped down, i'm still checking & logging in to the tea group, sort of as a temporary caretaker
I can see & access comments, discussions, etc once on the page (& also saw Sarah's post),
However if there's something i need to know, please send me email via my profile page.

Sarah sounds like the perfect person to take on the Tea Meetup Group, and more knowledge re tea than me.

-Chris Charles