|Sent on:||Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:17 AM|
Hi folks, there's been quite a bit of tech-related meetup.com activity which I'd like to recap...
First, my apologies for any duplicate or seemingly off-topic messages you might be getting. There's been some swirl around the BendTech, Inventors Northwest, Arduino, and Makers groups. This should settle down soon as we get a little more organized. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.
1. A favor: Please take a moment to go to your meetup.com account settings page and make sure your profile photo is a current and recognizable head shot of you. It's not required, of course, but it's super-helpfulin allowing us to put names and faces together.
2. Arduino meetup: David Robson's new Arduino meetup is up and running. If you're interested in his introductory class, please join and read his introductory class notes. (See also, the "What's Arduino" video)
3. Makers meetup: The new Makers meetup is up and running. We've had a couple great meetings to kick things off and will be announcing a date and agenda for the next meeting soon. Larry's in the process of posting the results from our "executive summary" brainstorming session, so look for those soon.
4. Inventors Northwest (INW): INW is [temporarily?] using BendTech group to organize their next meeting or two, and may be spinning up their own group once they're comfortable with the system. More on this later.
5. Other groups and organizations: The TechAlliance has set up a Community page listing the tech-related organizations and groups we now about. Check it out if you're interested in learning about what else is going on around town.