Tech Alliance Message Board › Senior Java Development Position
|A former member||
My employer (Vertex Group) has a senior java development position open. If you know someone interested, please send them our way:
Vertex North America is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Java Developer
to join our Bend, Oregon team. The successful candidate will be proficient in designing,
developing, testing and debugging complex screens and widgets from wireframes using
GWT, be able to work in an environment leveraging Scrum, continuous integration
and other agile practices, be able to code components in Java leveraging the JBOSS
Enterprise Middleware and SOA, and be able to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
Applicants must live in Bend, Oregon or be willing to relocate to Bend. Located in the
heart of Central Oregon, Bend is on the eastern edge of the Cascade Range along the
Deschutes River, with breathtaking views of snowcapped mountains, 300+ days of
sunshine annually and clean air. Our employees enjoy a diverse list of outdoor activities
including skiing, mountain biking, cycling, hiking, fly fishing and golf. In addition to living
and working in Central Oregon, our benefits include a generous health program, dental,
disability and life insurance, a matching 401k, vacation and several paid holidays.
• Contribute significantly to the design and development of our CIS application,
implementing complex requirements.
• Multi-task between current releases, implementation activities, and prioritizing
tasks for the next release.
• Understand and contribute to a large existing codebase, including new features,
refactoring, and debugging.
The Senior Java Developer position requires a minimum of 10 years of software
development experience, including 5 years of Java web application development
experience, along with significant experience in GWT, JSF and Ajax. The ideal candidate
will possess extensive experience in open source frameworks, JBoss middleware and the
Restful architectural style.
• 5+ years of experience developing and supporting enterprise scale J2EE
applications in fast-paced working environments
• 2+ years of experience developing and supporting AJAX based rich internet
• 1+ years of experience building GWT applications
• Very strong core Java skills
• 2+ years Web Service experience using REST
• Experience leverage agile methodologies in a team environment, e.g. XP, TDD,
• Experience developing and debugging under the JBOSS Application Server.
• Extensive experience working with open source frameworks
• Extensive experience building and leveraging reusable services, patterns and
• Extensive experience building and deploying on J2EE application servers using
tools such as ANT, Maven and Hudson
• Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues across
frameworks, platforms and open source with little to no guidance
• Experience in formal software engineering methodologies, including test-driven
• Proven ability to quickly master business domains of enterprise applications
• Ability to work cooperatively in a group environment to achieve common goals
• Strong communication skills (written, reading comprehension, listening, verbal)
Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with continuous integration and automated testing
• Experience profiling and performance tuning large scale web applications
• 1+ years developing and supporting applications utilizing the JBOSS Seam
• Experience implementing SOA framework technology including ESB, JBOSS
Rules, and BPM
Forward your resume to Vertex Group here in Bend, or email it me bgroeneveld at gmail.