Scrum.org Professional Scrum
The Professional Scrum Developer course is a unique and intensive three-day experience for software developers. The course guides teams on how to turn product requirements into potentially-shippable increments of software using the Scrum framework, Visual Studio 2013, and modern software engineering practices. Attendees will work in self-organizing, self-managing teams using a common instance of Team Foundation Server 2013.
Scrum will be experienced through a combination of lecture, demonstration, discussion, and hands-on exercises. Attendees will learn how to do Scrum correctly while being coached and critiqued by the instructor, in the following topic areas:
- Form effective teams
- Explore and understand legacy "Brownfield" architecture
- Define quality attributes, acceptance criteria, and "done"
- Create automated builds
- Verify existence and of bugs
- Plan releases and Sprints
- Estimate Product Backlog item
- Create and manage a Sprint backlog
- Hold an effective Sprint Planning and Review meetings
- Improve your process by using Sprint Retrospectives
- Use emergent architecture to avoid technical debt
- Use Test-Driven Development as a design tool
- Setup and leverage continuous integration
- Use Test Impact Analysis to decrease testing times
- Use refactoring practices effectively
- Create and manage test plans and cases
- Create, run, record, and play back manual tests
- Setup a branching strategy and branch code
- Write more maintainable code
- Identify and eliminate people and process dysfunctions
- Inspect and improve your team's software development process
This course is suitable for any member of a software development team: architect, programmer, database developer, tester, etc. Entire teams are also encouraged to attend and experience the course and the Sprint collaboration together.
Attendees will self-organize to form cross-functional development teams. These teams require an aggregate of skills specific to the selected case study. Please see the last page of this document for more information.
Professional Scrum Product Owner: July 29-30, 2013
Professional Scrum Foundations: August 26-27, 2013
Cardinal Solutions Group
401 N. Front St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Columbus Parking Directions
August 28-30, 2013
8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Pricing and More Info:
Please call for pricing information, group discounts & early registration specials.
Private classes also available.
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
How can we help?
Copyright 2013 - Cardinal Solutions Group LLC - Show me the mobile site.