The goal of my meetup is to learn by doing and so instead of presentation style or lecturing which makes the audience a passive participant. I want the audience to be active and hands-on involved. So, please bring a laptop and I will provide a system to connect to and free internet / wifi access. Here is a rough path I plan to take for the meet-ups.
I am moving the day to Monday due to facility availability.
IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE GROUP, PLEASE ATTEMPT TO BE 30 MINUTES EARLY
- Background / history of Hadoop. System structure
- Hands-on HDFS labs
- Explore Map/Reduce concepts
- Exercise Map/Reduce labs
- Basic Hive
- Datameer overview
- Cascading framework
- HBase Basics
- Flume Basics
- Sqoop Basics
- Hadoop eco-system; Mahout and machine learning
- Spark/Shark framework
- Algorithms: Overview -The fun stuff!
- Algorithm: Counting & Summing. Raw Map/Reduce, Hive, Datameer, Cascading
- Algorithm: Term frequency-inverse document frequency (tf-idf)
- Algorithm: Collating. Inverted Indexes, ETL
- Algorithm: Filtering/Parsing/Validation: Log Analysis, Data Querying, ETL, Validation
- Algorithm: Distributed Task Execution: Image processing, Simulation of digital communications
- Algorithm: Graph processing - Distributed graph transversal
- Algorithm: PageRank
- Algorithm: Relational Map/Reduce Patterns: Selection, projection, Union, Intersection, Difference
Location Details: Even though the address street is Polaris Parkway, you must turn on Orion Place on the north side of Polaris Parkway.
LOST? Call: [masked]