An evening kibitzing and coding.
Columbus Code Jam is a meetup to pair on cool projects, get one-on-one guidance from experienced developers & sys admins, network, learn, and eat pizza.
Topics we've discussed while hacking:
- Git Workflows for moving from single-developers to small teams.
- Modelling tree structures in RDBMS tables and the SQL to query them.
- High-level architecture of a Rails application.
- Computing in the bad-old-days of dial-up.
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Getting a rails app from Github running from scratch.
- Beginner's Resources - How to learn how to program.
- The security implication of using "#!/usr/bin/env ruby" vs "#!/path/to/ruby"
- Upgrading a Rails 2 app to Rails 3
- Embedding disqus or facebook comments in a web page.
Come and add your voice and language to the conversation.
Refreshments for Columbus Code Jam (May 2013) is sponsored by Tek Systems.
Columbus Code Jam May 2013 is brought to you by: Columbus Ruby Brigade & Columbus Perl Mongers.