align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Las Vegas Tennis Meetup Group Message Board › Too much EMail from Meetup Groups.

Too much EMail from Meetup Groups.

Roy
RoyMcCafferty
Group Organizer
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 12
There's been a lot of feedback on receiving too much E-Mail from Meetups. I've looked into it and requested assistance from Meetup.com, but this is all I've come up with:

1) I've requested Organizers of Meetups NOT to send EMail to the Members regarding their Meetups and to specifically request that their Meetup Reminder is set to Off.

2) Another way is this:
At the top of your current Web-Page tab (look now), it will have a little blue House (Home), [your name], Profile, Account, New Features, Help, Logout

Select Account (before you do this, you may need to copy the following information so that you don't lose it)

On the page that shows, on the left side, there will be a list: Personal Info, Membership & Communication, Subscription Info, Payments Made (may only be for me), Payments Received (may only be for me), Meetup API

Select Membership & Communication

That page will display all your Meetup Groups. To the right of each Meetup group, there will be options on who you would like to receive E-Mail from and you can select the appropriate one, however, the one that states "everyone, in one daily email" does not seem to work as it states.

Further down, there will be a group for Privacy and Email from Meetup as well. Select what you would like to accomplish (most of mine are on Unsubscribe - I hate having my EMail box full just as you do!).

And the most important part: Save

There's a box to the lower left called "Message board subscriptions" with a button Cancel all - this may also be of benefit to click on, depending on your current need.

There's another box to the lower right called "Unsubscribe completely from Meetup.com" with a button Unsubscribe - this will remove you completely from Meetup.com, so I would NOT recommend you clicking on this one. Disclaimer: For those that are "click happy" and love to click on everything, I hereby hold myself not liable for any actions incurred from pressing this button. smile