The Hong Kong Tennis Meetup Group is a platform for tennis lovers to convene, to organize games and matches, to promote the sport of tennis, and most importantly, to have fun. We welcome all levels of players from beginners to professional coaches to join us and serve each other.
To facilitate event organizers, please observe the following guidelines:
- All members must post a face recognizable picture on the profile page.
- Anyone can request to be an Event Organizer (EO). As EO, one would reserve the court, post and host the event. He can also place all RSVP on wait list from which the EO would pick out the final tennists before the event date.
- As a curtesy to the EO and members on waiting list, please change RSVP well in advance. The general rule of thumb is at least 2 days before the event.
- EO should post a self rating range on the event base on NTRP system, e.g. 1.5 - 2.5 for members to consider before RSVP.
- EO determine cost but it must be posted on the event in advance. For amateur players, we suggest sharing the court fee and charge $10 each person for new balls. To cover some intangible expenses, EO can have the liberty to charge higher than cost.
- From time to time, the group shall organize free coaching session exclusively for the EOs.
- Members' record showing frequent no show without cancelling will be removed from the group. Late cancellations are considered as no show. Please make sure all players who show up checkin to the meetup system.
- Professional Coaches are welcomed to join us. Once recognized by the group organizer as a Meetup Coach, one can organize events just like any other EO and charge their own rate.
- From time to time, the Group would organize community tennis event free to new comers in different district to promote the game. Professionals can take advantage of such events to promote their services.
- If you haven’t notice, we call ourselves Tennist and our Headline is “Come serve with Tennis Meetup!”
- Disclaimer: Hong Kong Tennis Meetup is an amateur platform that welcomes all tennis players. By joining our events, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions contained in this disclaimer, and agreed to exonerate the organizers and any other participants in the games from any liabilities, claims, including but not limited to liabilities and claims as a result of any injuries or deaths or damages arising thereof. Players joining games are at their own choosing and at their own risk.