Bradley Manning is now the grand Marshall of something much bigger. It doesn't matter what the board does now. Even their misconduct will serve as a galvanizing force.
Today, Mike Shipley secured the leadership of the DC contingent to receive the Bradley Manning Freedom Torch in an Independence Day ceremony, after its cross country journey in the virtual torch procession of torch ceremonies in many cities.
Leadership in Seattle and Phoenix had already been secured. News from UK, Germany, and Australia soon, as well as St. Louis, Detroit, Salt Lake, Miami, and more.
But yes! Show up and make freedom count, at the meeting too. Let them know which way the moral wind is blowing and on which side of history they want to weigh-in.
From: Starchild <[address removed]>
To: LPSF Discussion List <[address removed]>; SFBay Cannabis Community List <[address removed]>; Bay Area Faeries <[address removed]>; Libertarian SF Meetup <[address removed]>; SF Pink Pistols <[address removed]>
Sent: Monday, May 13,[masked]:32 PM
Subject: [lpsf-discuss] OT: TOMORROW - SF
Pride board meeting - 6pm Tues. May 14, 30 Pearl Street (by Market & Laguna)
Here's the latest on the rescheduled SF Pride meeting. Please come out tomorrow evening and show your support for the selection of gay whistleblower Bradley Manning as one of the Grand Marshals for this year's parade happening June 29! The Pride board needs to respect the community and stand up for human rights and uphold the values of transparency and accountability and governance -- both the U.S. government's and its own!
Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))
Exposing War Crimes Is Not A Crime!
Date: Mon, 13 May[masked]:53:08 -0700
From: [address removed]
Subject: Tomorrow! Protest at SF Pride's Canceled Non-Board Meeting! Be There Spread the Word!
- Protest at SF Pride's Canceled Non-Board Meeting where the Public Has Been Un-invited to Comment!
- The SF Pride board has continually refused not to enter dialogue with the community and has attempted to silence all dissent by declaring this issue off the table for this Pride year. Because Pride was originally founded upon dissent and is supposed to represent the community and it's diversity, we will be holding a protest and a SF Pride meeting ourselves with a “Mock Pride Board Meeting” in which a motion to
reinstate Bradley Manning will be presented. We have thus scheduled this meeting for Tuesday May 14th at 6:00pm at Market St & Pearl St, in which military veterans, LGBT activists and their straight allies will be protesting outside the organization’s offices. Public comment will be encouraged and not limited to 60 seconds. See you there!
- People are encouraged to then proceed to The LGBT Community Center across the street and participate in the Harvey Milk Democratic Club’s PAC forum on Pride and Manning at 7pm.
- From Sunday's Statement from SF Pride: "SF Pride's decision concerning the election process of Bradley Manning as Grand Marshal being consistent with SF Pride's long standing Grand Marshal election policy is firm. Thus, the discussion of that matter is closed for this year."
- COME SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR LGBTQ WHISTLEBLOWER BRADLEY MANNING BEING REINSTATED AS A SF PRIDE PARADE GRAND
- WHAT :Protest at SF Pride's Canceled Non-Board Meeting where the Public Has Been Un-invited to Comment!
- WHERE: Market St & Pearl St San Francisco
- WHEN: 6:00pm Tuesday May 14th
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/649354158423660/
- Spread Far and Wide! Forward and Send Invites! Bring Hella Friends!
• Send us Feedback