Quaglino's is a fantastic, iconic restaurant and cocktail bar located close to Piccadilly Circus. It's known for its beautiful settings, the nightly live music (a mix of jazz, soul and swing) and of course, for its highly rated European brasserie classics.
We will be going to enjoy a set menu which gives us three courses and a glass of champagne each.
Here's what you can choose between:
- Pumpkin & five spice soup
- Gravadlax, cranberry compote, potato and chive salad
- Maize fed chicken and muscat de riversaltes terrine, toast
- Heritage beetroot, goats curd and ruby leaves
- Fillet of bream, tomato cous cous, black olive and citrus dressing
- Braised feather blade of beef, parsley pomme puree, roasted butter onions and lardons
- Confit duck leg, pan field mushrooms, gnocchi and ivory jus
- Chestnut mushroom risotto, mascarpone and parmesan
- Treacle tart, creme fraiche
- Apple and winter fruit crumble, sauce anglaise
- Chocolate brownie, pistachio ice cream
- Vanilla pannacotta, red plum syrup
Please be aware that set menus do occasionally change! This is usually only one item or so but can sometimes be quite dramatic, and there's nothing I can do about that.
It should be a fun evening in an amazing looking setting. Afterwards there will be the opportunity for us to stay on afterwards if you'd like, it is a Saturday afterall, potentially in the cocktail bar of Quaglino's or moving on to a local pub. Hope to see you there! If you would like to come but all the places are gone, please put yourself on the waiting list, if the demand is high enough I will try and get some extra spaces. Your host for this event is Nicola, with assistance from Ruban and Chi.
Fees & Refunds
- The total fee, required up front, is £27.12 which includes the price of the meal, a £1 charge that goes towards the costs that I pay to run this meetup group, and the paypal fees. On the day there will also be a service charge added by the restaurant. This will be divided equally among everyone and has never been more than £5, so please don't worry!
- If you are a full member, you will receive the £1 charge back either at the event or by paypal on the evening of the event.
- Not a full member but would like to be? Please read this page: http://www.meetup.com/the-casual-foodie-club/about/
- If you do not show up or cancel your place on this event within 72 hours of the event starting, you will not receive any of your fee back. This is due to the fact that we will often have to make a payment directly to the restaurant in advance - we don't get the money, the restaurant do. If you cancel within 14 days of the event starting you will receive £22 back, any time before that you will receive £24 back.