We wanted to try something a bit different this time, so let's spend our Saturday night having some great food in an amazing restaurant, followed by the opportunity to go and spend some time in the casino - if you want to! If you're really not interested in the casino itself you don't have to stay, hopefully the Heliot is enough to bring you along anyway! Likewise, if you just want to meet us at the casino afterwards, that's fine, just send me a message so I know to look out for you.
Located above the Hippodrome in Leicester Square, Heliot restaurant offers a great menu where popular dishes are mixed with some luxury touches. The restaurant itself offers you a view of the main casino floor and has a great sense of atmosphere and energy.
The menu we will be choosing from is:
- Bellini or a Glass of Wine
- Steamed Scottish mussels. Fresh tomato, garlic, chili & parsley
- Artichoke Salad (V) Garden rocket, pumpkin & hazelnuts
- Tuna tataki, Asian apple & herb salad Soy, lime & ginger
- Aged bresaola Pickled girolles, parsnip crisps
- Chargrilled pave steak Braised shallot, red wine jus
- Pumpkin Tortelloni (V) Goat cheese, chive oil
- Breast of corn-fed chicken Sun dried tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, basil jus
- Roasted salmon fillet Monks beard, tomato relish, lemon oil
- Passion fruit brulee
- Deconstructed Lemon cheesecake
- Ice creams and sorbet mini cones (2)
Afterwards we can go into the Hippodrome itself and use our casino chips (one £5 chip each), or just enjoy some of the cocktails. Please remember you are not obliged to use your chip if you don't want to!
Fees & Refunds
- The total fee, required up front, is £27.20 which includes the price of the meal and a £1 charge that goes towards the costs that I pay to run this meetup group, and the paypal fees. On the day there will also be a service charge added by the restaurant. This will be divided equally among everyone and has never been more than £5, so please don't worry!
- If you are a full member, you will receive the £1 charge back either at the event or by paypal on the evening of the event.
- Not a full member but would like to be? Please read this page: http://www.meetup.com/the-casual-foodie-club/about/
- If you do not show up or cancel your place on this event within 72 hours of the event starting, you will not receive any of your fee back. This is due to the fact that we will often have to make a payment directly to the restaurant in advance - we don't get the money, the restaurant do. If you cancel within 72 hours - 7 days of the event starting you will receive £18 back, within 14 days you will receive £22 back, and any time prior to that you'll receive £25 back.