Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Pear Lake 2-nights Ski/Snowshoe-April 17-19

Pear Lake 2-nights Ski/Snowshoe-April 17-19

Keio O.
keioogawa
Three Rivers, CA
Post #: 71
I have posted a trip on Sierra Backpackers Meetup (you have to join the meetup to see listing), if anyone is interested in a 2-night ski tour to Pear Lake.

Sequoia National Park, Wolverton parking area, Lakes trailhead. Best for skiers. Ski or snowshoe up to Pear Lake on early Sunday, settle into Hut or camp at lake, tour Moose Lake and/or Tablelands Monday and all camp at Pear Lake, and hike out Tuesday morning.

For more details, go here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
frank
user 9194737
Alameda, CA
Post #: 61
I joined your Group. Actually you have to join the Group to read the Trip Post:).
Might be interested.

I did a 10 day shuttle Trip last Summer leaving a car at Mineral King and shuttling to Cresent Meadow into the Kaweah's for bagging and out over Black Rock Pass. Really incredible area.
Keio O.
keioogawa
Three Rivers, CA
Post #: 75
Sorry, forgot you had to join the group to see. But it's worth it, you can always unsubcribe.

Sierra Backpackers is a splinter group from the Central Valley Hiking meetup, folks with the Sierra in their backyards. Moderately skilled backpackers from the hiking group wanted a place to post overnight trips that assumed the reader had basic backpacking skills, navigation, gear, and physical strength. We are hoping it can become a place for folks looking for people to bp with in the Sierras. I for one am always looking for partners who match my style, especially women. If any of you want to post your Sierra pb trips, come on over!

I joined your group, keeping an eye out for bp trips in the Sierra where I can meet some of y'all. Looking forward to it.

Anybody can click on my photo and send me a direct email if you are interested in the Pear Lake trip.

Lesley
user 7843785
Eugene, OR
Post #: 3
I am interested! Keep me posted. I am pretty tough, have snow-camped and backpacked with snowshoes and skis in the past. Thanks! Lesley

I have posted a trip on Sierra Backpackers Meetup, if anyone is interested in a 2-night ski tour to Pear Lake.

Sequoia National Park, Wolverton parking area, Lakes trailhead. Best for skiers. Ski or snowshoe up to Pear Lake on early Saturday, explore and make camp, tour Moose Lake and/or Tablelands Sunday and sleep again at Pear Lake, explore a bit Monday morning, and hike out by Monday evening.

For more details, go here:
http://www.meetup.com...­

Keio O.
keioogawa
Three Rivers, CA
Post #: 89
There is an opening at the Pear Lake Hut for Sunday night! The price is $38. Second night we will all snow camp at Pear Lake. I was just up there last weekend and there's TONS of snow. Go to the above meetup for more details and to sign up.