addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Camping/ Skiing Weekend of 23rd- Yosemite?

Camping/ Skiing Weekend of 23rd- Yosemite?

Lesley
user 7843785
Grand Junction, CO
Post #: 6
Hi friends! I am headed to Deer Park monastery in So. Cal this Friday for a week. On my way back, I was thinking of swinging by Yosemite or Kings Canyon, or Tahoe, via the train and bus. Is anyone interested in going to Yosemite Valley, renting a cabin, and snowshoeing/ x-country skiing? that would be so fun! Anyway, i just thought I would put it out there to my adventurous buddies. I think the costs could be low if we have a few people to split the costs. Also, another alternative is going to Tahoe/ Truckee and going up to Sierra Hot Springs a half hour north which is a beautiful rejuvenating place. There are probably lots of Forest Service trails in the snow around there to snowshoe/ ski.

Call me at home at 510-649-1352 until Friday morning
505-359-8209 after Friday morning is my cell phone.

Stephanie
cowtownrunner51
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 19
hmmm.....that is very tempting.

I was on the Eastern Sierra a week ago, and there is a ton of snow out there. Conditions should be fine in a few weeks. I'll be in Tahoe this weekend, and can give you a trip report with snow conditions... and consider extending spring skiing a little more.

Miles
user 5685298
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 245
We're closing down our ski lease this weekend. Kinda bummed, it's been good out there, super fast. Skied 5 of the last 6 days, hero days. Sort of don't want to leave winter behind but also looking forward to some backpacking.

Ben M.
user 10000157
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 14
Not super related, but I will be up in Tahoe this weekend for the 2nd-to-last weekend on my ski lease. Feel free to speak up if any of you want to meetup on the slopes anywhere.